When it comes to Canadian Organic Weed yield, flavour, and cannabinoid content are what matters most. We caught up with our chief grower – one of the most passionate growers in the world – to talk about what makes South Coast flowers the most potent and high quality flowers in all of Canada.
Side note: did you know that for a fraction of the cost of a single bottle of synthetic liquid fertilized, you can get the same, if not better yield, flavour, and cannabinoid content in your crop by simply using organic farming techniques?
Well, now you know.
Now to the juicy part… here is a snip of our conversation with Don Fleming, the chief grower at South Coast and a master at growing organic cannabis.
Hello community, it is a pleasure of mine to be able to explain our growing practices with you so that you can make a better and more informed decision when choosing which dispensary you want to join and order your medicine from.
For starters, it is very important to understand that since there currently are no regulations in the cannabis industry as to what defines true organic growing, many opinions do exist.
I will do my best in the following statements to best explain my methods.
1. An all natural soil medium is perhaps the most important first step.
The microorganisms that maintain your flower plants need to be healthy so that organic nutrients are readily available from start to finish – some examples of organic soil amendments are compost, pumice, earthworm castings, kelp meal, fish emulsion, and peat moss. All natural, all organic and we build it from scratch in our facility to ensure that there are no contaminants in the soil.
2. The next step is understanding what we use at South Coast to feed our mighty plants. Water, water, water… British Columbia fresh spring water.
The most pure and healthy water in the world. Living on the South Coast of BC is a blessing and we do not take it for granted. Then we feed our soil mycorrhizal fungi which has the power to greatly increase both water and other nutrient intake at the roots because of the symbiotic relationship between mycorrhizal fungi and your plant.
Happy blazing friends. You’re about to have the best experience of your life.
– We grow in the most optimal environment in the world, the beautiful and thriving climate of the South Coast of British Columbia
– Our grower’s make all of our soil in-house in order to ensure the quality is consistent – we’re a bit of control freaks who are very detail oriented
– We feed our plants the highest grade organic food known to mankind